Dear Ian,
I'm writing this little note to you very early on a Saturday morning. Why don't you sleep in on Saturdays? When I heard the little pitter-patter of your feet coming down the hallway at 6:51 this morning, I said a prayer to myself that you wouldn't notice the sky outside starting to lighten & that you'd go back to sleep. After a drink & trip to the potty, I tucked you back into your bed - very tightly! - and told you to close your eyes and go back to sleep. It didn't work. You were back by my bedside within ten minutes, breathing heavily so that I would hear you standing there. Dad & I invited you into our bed to cuddle and go back to sleep, but your feet were too wiggly and you told me I was making you hot. By the way, you are always hot! Especially your feet. So we sent you downstairs to the basement to play, but now I can't go back to sleep!
Ian, I love you, but it would be such a wonderful gift to have just one Saturday morning where we can all sleep in. How about it? Let me know what you can do...I'll even make you some sausage links - your favorite! - if you can pull it off.
Love, Mom
5 comments:
Ha ha ha! This cracked me up. :)
I love the part about him always being hot - Dax is a miniature furnace, too.
Although Dax has regularly been sleeping in until 9am and I let him unless I have to go somewhere in the morning. :) Mornings are nice. :)
I sense a subliminal message in there... :) I love his little furnace feet & all his cuteness!
Super cute post... thanks for the invite! We now have some wardie-blog friends now... Yay!
way to lure the boy in with sausage links...a sure fire way to bribe any of Jeff Day's sons....ha ha! ;)
I'll trade you Halle for Ian. She's up and ready for breakfast between 5:30 -6:00 everyday or weekend day. It's terrible!!! Just one day to sleep in would be WONDERFUL!
Post a Comment